- A card game for two to four players, in which the objective is to play so that the value of one’s cards played reaches exactly 15 or 31.More example sentences
- Double Cribbage is four player cribbage with fixed partnerships; five cards each are dealt, one being discarded to the dealer's box.
- Older people often enjoy bingo and cribbage (a card game).
- In fact Luke wrote two books on the probabilities of winning at the card game of cribbage.
mid 17th century: related to crib; the game is said to have been invented by the English poet Sir John Suckling (1609–42); it seems to have been developed from an older game called Noddy.
More definitions of cribbageDefinition of cribbage in:
- The British & World English dictionary