- A malicious, defamatory statement in a permanent form, rendering the maker liable to criminal prosecution.More example sentences
- Public nuisance and criminal libel have been cited as common law crimes of strict liability.
- This would make them categorically protected, against criminal libel prosecution or civil libel lawsuits.
- Many people have argued that criminal libel laws are unconstitutional, but the Supreme Court has never so held.
More definitions of criminal libelDefinition of criminal libel in:
- The British & World English dictionary