Definition of criminology in English:
The scientific study of crime and criminals.
- At the University of Northumbria, applications to study criminology and forensic science have doubled.
- By that time, Catrin was an undergraduate student studying criminology and criminal justice as part of a broader social sciences degree.
- Significantly, they have been hugely overlooked as a source of knowledge about criminality within histories of criminology and theories of crime and deviance.
- Example sentences
- In the final section I offer an example of the theory/research relationship from one sphere of criminological work - environmental criminology - in which I have myself been engaged.
- A further criticism that might be made of the conventional map is that it does not readily encourage discussion of the wider practical impact of academic criminological research upon criminal justice strategies.
- Exactly what that level of sentences should be in a particular country is a matter for debate, based on criminological research and, inevitably, restricted by social conventions.
- Example sentences
- Taken together, the work of these various agencies and individuals points to the fact that crime has never been the concern of criminologists and criminal justice professionals alone.
- For centuries, law enforcement agencies, defence counsel, criminologists and philosophers, religious figures, and the general public have argued about this issue from many different perspectives.
- Neither is it concerned with the reasons why people commit crimes; that is a matter for criminologists to ponder.
Words that rhyme with criminologyanthropology, apology, archaeology (US archeology), astrology, biology, campanology, cardiology, chronology, climatology, cosmology, craniology, dermatology, ecology, embryology, entomology, epidemiology, etymology, geology, gynaecology (US gynecology), haematology (US hematology), hagiology, horology, hydrology, iconology, ideology, immunology, iridology, kidology, meteorology, methodology, musicology, mythology, necrology, neurology, numerology, oncology, ontology, ophthalmology, ornithology, parasitology, pathology, pharmacology, phraseology, phrenology, physiology, psychology, radiology, reflexology, scatology, Scientology, seismology, semiology, sociology, symbology, tautology, technology, terminology, theology, topology, toxicology, urology, zoology • eulogy • energy • synergy • apogee • liturgy • lethargy
Definition of criminology in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan