Definition of crissal thrasher in English:
A large gray thrasher (songbird) with a red patch under the tail, found in the southwestern US and Mexico.
- Toxostoma dorsale (or crissale), family Mimidae
- The most prominent feature of the crissal thrasher is its very distinctive long curved bill.
- The crissal thrasher is mostly a uniform grayish brown, with a long, dark tail and a very long, decurved bill.
- There you can find nesting the crissal thrasher and the black-chinned sparrow.
Definition of crissal thrasher in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.