- The volume occupied by a unit mass of a gas or vapor in its critical state.More example sentences
- When the volume occupied by the nucleating phase exceeds the so-called critical volume, fluctuations favor the formation of the new phase.
- For instance, two copies of CLN3 cause a smaller critical volume than one copy, and higher doses can decrease volume still further.
- The model demonstrates that the spherical cap solution is unstable at a contact-angle-dependent critical volume, reminiscent of the experimental findings.
More definitions of critical volumeDefinition of critical volume in:
- The British & World English dictionary