noun (plural crocuses or croci /-kī, -sī/)
A small, spring-flowering plant of the iris family, which grows from a corm and bears bright yellow, purple, or white flowers. See also autumn crocus.
- Genus Crocus, family Iridaceae
More example sentences
- Indulge yourself - or treat a friend - with instant plantings of colorful tulips, daffodils, hyacinths, crocuses, Iris reticulata and other spring flowers.
- Your hyacinths, tulips, daffodils, crocuses, and grape-hyacinths can be saved for planting in the garden.
- Spring-flowering bulbs such as tulips, crocuses, hyacinths, daffodils, and irises are universal symbols of spring.
Definition of crocus in:
- The British & World English dictionary