Definition of crocus in English:
noun (plural crocuses or croci /-kī, -sī/)
A small, spring-flowering plant of the iris family, which grows from a corm and bears bright yellow, purple, or white flowers. See also autumn crocus.
- Genus Crocus, family Iridaceae
- Indulge yourself - or treat a friend - with instant plantings of colorful tulips, daffodils, hyacinths, crocuses, Iris reticulata and other spring flowers.
- Your hyacinths, tulips, daffodils, crocuses, and grape-hyacinths can be saved for planting in the garden.
- Spring-flowering bulbs such as tulips, crocuses, hyacinths, daffodils, and irises are universal symbols of spring.
Definition of crocus in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia