- 1(In Wales) a megalithic tomb consisting of a large flat stone laid on upright ones. Also called dolmen.[Welsh, from crom, feminine of crwm 'arched' + llech 'flat stone']More example sentences
- They were the so called Megalithic People, the builders of dolmens, cromlechs and other monuments over or to their dead.
- The stones were not dolmens or cromlechs.
- Everywhere you go in Ireland there are standing stones, circles, cromlechs and tumuli.
More definitions of cromlechDefinition of cromlech in:
- The British & World English dictionary