- An old woman who is thin and ugly.More example sentences
- Thalia had no idea what this old crone was talking about, and figured she was probably mumbling something irrelevant to herself.
- I would not give them to that old crone, despite what she promises you in return.
- You left Trudy alone when she could've used your knowledge the most, you shriveled crone.
late Middle English: via Middle Dutch croonje, caroonje 'carcass, old ewe' from Old Northern French caroigne 'carrion, cantankerous woman' (see carrion).
More definitions of croneDefinition of crone in:
- The British & World English dictionary