Definition of cross-correlate in English:
Compare (a sequence of data) against another.
- We then cross-correlated the average noise signals of each hour and month with the noise signals in March in that habitat.
- The outputs of the detection channels were cross-correlated in a digital correlator.
- The kernel is cross-correlated with each subsequent video frame.
- Example sentences
- As focus was on the cross-correlation modeling, quite simple structures for the variances and correlations of both variables were chosen.
- The cross-correlations between the angular time series for knee and ankle, hip and knee, and hip and ankle, were calculated in order to evaluate the presence of coupling between the joints of the lower limbs.
- Results from both autocorrelation (correlation within one channel) and cross-correlation (correlation between the two wavelength channels) measurements were analyzed using the same equation.
Definition of cross-correlate in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan