adverb & adjective
- (Of a stroke in tennis and other racket sports) hit diagonally across the court: [as adjective]: a crosscourt volleyMore example sentences
- He throws in an emphatic backhand volley and a fine cross-court forehand as he holds without dropping a point.
- He hit a backhand cross-court winner to end the first set.
- His hits his strokes cross-court and down the line.
nounBack to top
- A crosscourt stroke in tennis and other racket sports.More example sentences
- A series of high crosscourts to his backhand flank resulted in loose replies.
- He preferred an aggressive game based on length drives, deep crosscourts, and attacking boasts.
- She gets good torque on her backhand rails and crosscourts.
More definitions of crosscourtDefinition of crosscourt in:
- The British & World English dictionary