(Of a stroke in tennis and other racket sports) hit diagonally across the court: [as adjective]: a crosscourt volley
More example sentences
- He throws in an emphatic backhand volley and a fine cross-court forehand as he holds without dropping a point.
- He hit a backhand cross-court winner to end the first set.
- His hits his strokes cross-court and down the line.
A crosscourt stroke in tennis and other racket sports.
- A series of high crosscourts to his backhand flank resulted in loose replies.
- He preferred an aggressive game based on length drives, deep crosscourts, and attacking boasts.
- She gets good torque on her backhand rails and crosscourts.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of crosscourt in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.