- A transverse structural piece that adds support to a motor-vehicle chassis or other construction.More example sentences
- Three of these knees are used to help support the cross member and keep it in situ.
- And combined with a passenger safety cell, surrounded by crumple zones, and structural cross members to absorb impact, it all helps to make the car a more enticing package.
- Since any metal covering would block the antenna's signal reception, holes must be blanked in the roof and structural cross members re-routed.
More definitions of crossmemberDefinition of crossmember in:
- The British & World English dictionary