Definition of crow-pheasant in English:
A coucal, especially the greater coucal, which has black plumage with chestnut wings and back and is found in southern Asia.
- Genus Centropus, family Cuculidae, especially C. sinensis
- Birds such as koel, mynas, babblers, kingfishers, hoper and crow-pheasants are also found here.
- Warblers, red-vented bulbuls and crow-pheasants will keep company for some time.
- It prompted numerous bird species - bulbuls, barbets, hill mynahs and crow-pheasants - to begin their orchestra.
Definition of crow-pheasant in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.