Definition of crow-pheasant in English:
A coucal, especially the greater coucal, which has black plumage with chestnut wings and back and is found in southern Asia.
- Genus Centropus, family Cuculidae, especially C. sinensis
- Birds such as koel, mynas, babblers, kingfishers, hoper and crow-pheasants are also found here.
- Warblers, red-vented bulbuls and crow-pheasants will keep company for some time.
- It prompted numerous bird species - bulbuls, barbets, hill mynahs and crow-pheasants - to begin their orchestra.
Definition of crow-pheasant in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan