Definition of crowfoot in English:
A herbaceous plant related to the buttercups, typically having lobed or divided leaves and white or yellow flowers. Many kinds are aquatic with flowers held above the water.
- Genus Ranunculus, family Ranunculaceae: many species, in particular the Europeanwater crowfoot (R. aquatilis)
- Whitewater crowfoot and the tiny aquatic mosquito fern grow in the water, while monkeyssflower is common nearby.
- But fly-fishers claim mute swans are stripping these rivers of water crowfoot, an aquatic plant crucial to trout and the insects they eat.
- We go down to a circular pond, speckled yellow and white with water crowfoot, and take the valley base to Cote Head Farm which looks nice and has friendly farmers.
Words that rhyme with crowfootpussyfoot • forefoot
Definition of crowfoot in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.