Definition of crowfoot in English:
A herbaceous plant related to the buttercups, typically having lobed or divided leaves and white or yellow flowers. Many kinds are aquatic with flowers held above the water.
- Genus Ranunculus, family Ranunculaceae: many species, in particular the Europeanwater crowfoot (R. aquatilis)
- Whitewater crowfoot and the tiny aquatic mosquito fern grow in the water, while monkeyssflower is common nearby.
- But fly-fishers claim mute swans are stripping these rivers of water crowfoot, an aquatic plant crucial to trout and the insects they eat.
- We go down to a circular pond, speckled yellow and white with water crowfoot, and take the valley base to Cote Head Farm which looks nice and has friendly farmers.
Words that rhyme with crowfootpussyfoot • forefoot
Definition of crowfoot in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan