Definition of crown imperial in English:
An Asian fritillary (plant) with a cluster of bell-like flowers at the top of a tall, largely bare stem.
- Fritillaria imperialis, family Liliaceae
- The spectacular crown imperial was introduced to western Europe from Constantinople in 1576… More
- These may include daffodils, tulips and crown imperials in May, to Scotch thistle and peonies in early summer through to late blooming phlox, rudbeckias and perennial sunflowers.
- Are the crown imperials just like the other spring bulbs where they need to die naturally before cutting to the ground?
Definition of crown imperial in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan