Definition of crowned crane in English:
An African crane with a yellowish bristly crest, a mainly black or dark gray body, much white on the wings, and pink and white cheeks.
- Genus Balearica, family Gruidae: two species, in particular the (black) crowned crane (B. pavonina)
- It houses over 50 individual birds made up of 12 different species including the sacred ibis, crowned cranes, hammerkop, white-cheeked touraco and lilac breasted roller.
- We came across approximately 150 gray crowned cranes - Uganda's national bird - feeding in pastures.
- In separate marsh habitats there are cranes too, the crowned crane from Africa, the Manchurian crane from the Orient and our own Sarus.
Definition of crowned crane in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan