Definition of crowned pigeon in English:
The largest known pigeon, which has mainly bluish plumage and a tall, erect crest, and is found in New Guinea.
- Genus Goura, family Columbidae: three species, including theVictoria crowned pigeon (G. victoria)
- You can get your fill of toucans, hornbills, crowned pigeons, green pigeons (which are beautifully coloured), birds of paradise, parrots et al, but really it is not so different from any modern conventional zoo.
- Other modern representatives include the crowned pigeons of New Guinea and the tooth-billed pigeon of Samoa.
- Giant crowned pigeons, small wallaby kangaroos, cassowary birds, tree kangaroos, and wild boars are abundant within an hour's walk of the village.
Definition of crowned pigeon in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan