(also crucian carp)
Definition of crucian in English:
A small olive-green to reddish-brown European carp of still or slow-moving waters, important as a farmed fish in eastern Europe.
- Carassius carassius, family Cyprinidae
- Ron likes the match lake as it has a good head of mixed fish including carp, roach, bream, orfe, crucians and some good koi.
- However, pike, salmon, sea trout, brown trout, rainbow trout, carp, crucian carp, tench, chub, barbel, zander and other exotic species have all been caught.
- There are also rudd, bream, eels, gudgeon, crucian carp, tench, minnows, perch, sticklebacks, the odd trout, pike and barbel present.
Definition of crucian in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.