- 1 Botany A cruciferous plant, with four petals arranged in a cross.More example sentences
- The diamond back moth, Plutella xylostella is much cause for concern as a pest of crucifers, that is plants such as cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and canola.
- Among plants, the small crucifer Arabidopsis thaliana has an increasingly important role as a developmental model for flowering plants, especially in relation to the genetic basis of plant development.
- Black Rot is a devastating fungal disease which infects many vegetable species, especially crucifers.
mid 16th century: from Christian Latin, from Latin crux, cruc- 'cross'.
More definitions of cruciferDefinition of crucifer in:
- The British & World English dictionary