- 1The quality of being rudimentary or makeshift; primitiveness: he criticizes the crudity of designMore example sentences
- Simplicity, however, does not mean crudity, does not mean absence of art.
- In this way he strove to explain away the crudities of the literal narrative.
- Sinaisky lets it rip, wallowing in the graphic crudity of the score.
- 2The quality of being offensively coarse or rude; vulgarity: the crudity of the languageMore example sentences
- The single most important thing is for Latham not to back down or revert to crudity.
- Its advantage is its directness, its disadvantage its crudity.
- The visual language of the adaptation is at first glance straightforward almost to the point of crudity.