- 1An electronic device in a motor vehicle that can be switched on to maintain a selected constant speed without the use of the accelerator.More example sentences
- Keep an eye on your speedometer or set the cruise control on long trips to avoid going over the speed limit, thus avoiding costly fines.
- A cruise control with an integrated speed limit monitor is also standard across the range.
- For longer trips using cruise control can help you maintain a constant speed and, in most cases, reduce your fuel consumption.
- 1.1Used in reference to actions performed with little effort: the team went on cruise control during the second half United finished the game in cruise controlMore example sentences
- For the last month Stewart has been on cruise control.
- Even in winning inside two days, New Zealand at times appeared to be on cruise control.
- I've reached a point in my life where I'm on cruise control.
More definitions of cruise controlDefinition of cruise control in:
- The British & World English dictionary