Definition of cruiser in English:
1A relatively fast warship larger than a destroyer and less heavily armed than a battleship.
- At sea, he served in a battleship, an aircraft carrier, in cruisers, destroyers, frigates, and a minesweeper.
- A further 17 aircraft carriers, six battleships, 16 cruisers and 56 destroyers were also tasked in support.
- The combined German naval force for this attack was fifteen battleships, thirteen cruisers and seventy-one destroyers, whose principal task was to guard the larger ships against British submarines.
2A yacht or motorboat with passenger accommodations, designed for leisure use.
- The harbour has both a commercial quayside and marina which was crowded with expensive yachts and cruisers.
- There are also private charters available aboard sailing yachts and luxury cruisers.
- Scores of river pilots banished from the Humber and stripped of their navigation licences are back at the helms of vessels all over the world - guiding ferries, pleasure cruisers and even millionaires' yachts.
2.1A person who goes on a pleasure cruise.
- After over 60 cruises she decided to compile her expertise in an e-book to share with other cruiser, first timers or seasoned cruisers.
- She wrote with concern about the lack of accommodations for the cruisers who are hard-of-hearing.
- A fisherman will likely consider the accommodations downright luxurious while a cruiser will find them a little short on privacy.
3.1North American A police patrol car.
- Karen was a little worried about being left alone, but the knowledge of the patrolling police cruisers calmed her down.
- He was arrested at 4: 45 p.m., handcuffed and placed in the back of the police cruiser.
- Across the street was the police station where a cruiser abruptly pulled up.
Words that rhyme with cruiserabuser, accuser, boozer, bruiser, chooser, diffuser, infuser, lollapalooza, loser, Marcuse, medusa, mezuzah, misuser, peruser, refuser, snoozer, Sousa, user, yakuza
Definition of cruiser in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan