- A small cake made of rich, sweetened dough twisted or curled and fried in deep fat.More example sentences
- Then, with bittersweet feelings, we realize how much we love what our parents loved - the long, fried crullers at dim sum; the smells of strange-looking fruit in Chinatown; the simplicity of chopsticks in one's hand.
- For five minutes, everyone either threw down exact change or made their own change without any notice from Ralph; he was just too busy pouring coffee or retrieving crullers to pay any attention to the money situation.
- For homecomings and family gatherings, there is usually a sumptuous spread of cakes and pastries, including crullers and thin pancakes rolled around whipped cream.
early 19th century: from Dutch kruller, from krullen 'to curl'.
More definitions of crullerDefinition of cruller in:
- The British & World English dictionary