adjective (crumblier, crumbliest)
Consisting of or easily breaking into small fragments: the cheese is crumbly and moist
More example sentences
- Chalk and similar soft, bedded limestones provide crumbly soils that are both well drained and have the capacity to retain water in the microporous rock structures.
- The texture was also very pleasant, as the filling and dough sort of blended into one another, forming a gradual progression from crumbly shell to moist, fresh cheese, and the chewy little bolts of orange taste.
- Although you can use any stuffing recipe that you might use for a chicken or turkey, the recipe below, which has a moist, light and slightly crumbly texture, works well.
- Example sentences
- His version is a light assembly of intensely sweet, sun-blush tomatoes, chalky goat's cheese and fabulous olives, just suspended in short, buttery pastry of admirable crumbliness.
- These tasted home-made, with just the right ratio of dry crumbliness to chewiness and that fantastic contrast you get from crunchy baked hazelnuts and soft, yielding fruit.
- Unbelievable numbers of beautiful beautiful classic buildings in various states of crumbliness.
Words that rhyme with crumblygrumbly
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.