(also crumby) informal
Definition of crummy in English:
adjective (crummier, crummiest)
1Dirty, unpleasant, or of poor quality: a crummy little room
More example sentences
- I've read everything this man has written, with delight: he can't stand crummy design, poor execution, or indifference to the end-user.
- I began going to the local council gym, but I found it unpleasant and crummy so I gave that up too.
- After reviewing his notes in his crummy little room, The Bank Robber comes up with a Plan.
1.1Unwell; ill: I’m feeling crummy and want to get better
More example sentences
- When asked what he thought was making him feel crummy, the young doctor drew a blank.
- When teens are depressed, anxious, insecure, angry, frustrated or just plain feeling crummy inside, they often act out as a way of expressing negative feelings.
- Clearing the air beats sitting home and feeling crummy.
nounNorth American Back to top
1An old or converted truck used to transport loggers to and from work.
- The inside of cabooses reflected the conductor's personal habits and the degree of cleanliness varied with some men being noted for spotless vans while others were much less so giving rise to the age old term for vans as ‘crummies’.
- Sure, this comes at the cost of some additional potential wear and tear on the caboose, but crummies are tough and the learning experience seems worth the price.
1.1 another term for caboose (sense 1).
Mid 19th century (earlier in the literal senses 'crumbly' and 'like or covered with crumbs'): variant of crumby.
- Example sentences
- Viva and I decided to go to some crummily cheap airport hotel just so we could relax for a moment.
- So if you see someone being treated crummily, stick up for them.
- I love paperbacks because I'm very good to my books and I've only had a couple of crummily made ones fall apart, which I can usually fix by repairing the spine with rubber glue.
Words that rhyme with crummyBrummie, chummy, crumby, dummy, gummy, lumme, mummy, plummy, rummy, scrummy, scummy, slummy, tummy, yummy
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan