adjectiveAnatomy & Zoology
- 1Of or relating to the leg or the thigh.More example sentences
- Many patients with distal disease will require bypass grafting to the popliteal or crural arteries below the knee.
- An incision was made in the middle of the crural fascia, starting at the insertion of the Achilles tendon and extending up to the popliteal fossa to the level of origin of the two heads of the gastrocnemius muscle.
- Caput tertium may also arise from the linea aspera, long head of biceps femoris, lateral epicondyle, knee joint capsule, midfibula, and the crural fascia.
- 1.1Of or relating to any part called “crus,” for example, the crura cerebri.More example sentences
- In the pentamerides, the outer hinge plates serve the function of supporting the delicate crura by connecting the crural bases to the medial portion of the hinge line.
late 16th century: from Latin cruralis, from crus, crur- 'leg'.
More definitions of cruralDefinition of crural in:
- The British & World English dictionary