noun (plural cruzeiros)
- The basic monetary unit of Brazil from 1990 to 1993, equal to 100 centavos.More example sentences
- To add further to the experience, two local cowboys on horseback, clearly in search of a few cruzeiros themselves, offered their horses to us for rides around the square.
- The counterfeit cruzeiro substitutes a photo-derived image of a Brazilian Indian on one side, and on the reverse an image understood to represent a psychiatric patient, symbolic of the marginalized and oppressed.
- With the Cedula Project, cruzeiro banknotes and American dollars were rubber-stamped with messages and returned to circulation.
Portuguese, literally 'large cross'.
More definitions of cruzeiroDefinition of cruzeiro in:
- The British & World English dictionary