Definition of cryogenics in English:
plural noun[treated as singular]
1The branch of physics dealing with the production and effects of very low temperatures.
- The Munich researchers, wanting to stay in the business but having neither sufficient expertise nor the necessary infrastructure in cryogenics, opted to go into laser interferometry.
- The construction implies an important technological fallout in the field of cryogenics and superconducting magnets.
- The group has realized large gains in cryogenics, gyroscope construction, and superconductor research.
1.1 another term for cryonics.
- I was surprised to hear of Brando's strange obsession with living forever, even studying gene therapy and cryogenics in an effort to prolong his life.
- The novel plays with the major themes of modern culture: GM foods, cloning, cryogenics, AIDS, Viagra, species death, organ (not organic) farming.
- From rock 'n' roll funerals to cryogenics, people's preferences for final arrangements now vary according to demographics, geography, and personal style.
Definition of cryogenics in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.