Definition of cryogenics in English:
plural noun[treated as singular]
1The branch of physics dealing with the production and effects of very low temperatures.
- The Munich researchers, wanting to stay in the business but having neither sufficient expertise nor the necessary infrastructure in cryogenics, opted to go into laser interferometry.
- The construction implies an important technological fallout in the field of cryogenics and superconducting magnets.
- The group has realized large gains in cryogenics, gyroscope construction, and superconductor research.
1.1 another term for cryonics.
- I was surprised to hear of Brando's strange obsession with living forever, even studying gene therapy and cryogenics in an effort to prolong his life.
- The novel plays with the major themes of modern culture: GM foods, cloning, cryogenics, AIDS, Viagra, species death, organ (not organic) farming.
- From rock 'n' roll funerals to cryogenics, people's preferences for final arrangements now vary according to demographics, geography, and personal style.
Definition of cryogenics in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan