- A substance that prevents the freezing of tissues, or prevents damage to cells during freezing.More example sentences
- Chemicals called cryoprotectants reduce ice formation but have toxic effects that introduce their own problems.
- It is currently believed that effective cryoprotectants for proteins or enzymes in solution are excluded from the immediate vicinity of these biological molecules.
- Diplolepis overwinter in a prepupal stage; they are freezing-intolerant and develop cryoprotectants that lower their supercooling points.
More definitions of cryoprotectantDefinition of cryoprotectant in:
- The British & World English dictionary