- An organism capable of cryptobiosis.More example sentences
- A community of cryptobionts that included sphinctozoan sponges, bryozoans, crinoids, brachiopods, and corals occupied resulting crypts.
- The only real cryptobiont of the Balkans, the olm, has not yet been recorded by specialists in the western parts of Montenegro despite considerable anecdotal evidence of its presence.
- Its presence, generally in the order of 0.2 g/g dry cell weight in most cryptobionts, enables them to resist extreme dehydration, high temperatures, X-rays and also, in some species of tardigrades, pressures as high as 600 MPa.
More definitions of cryptobiontDefinition of cryptobiont in:
- The British & World English dictionary