- Having a crystalline structure visible only when magnified.More example sentences
- The textures of thunder eggs can vary from distinctly radiating fibrous textures to cryptocrystalline aggregates that preserve the structure of the original rhyolite.
- Silica precipitated from aqueous solution at low temperatures gives cryptocrystalline varieties such as opal, jasper, chalcedony, agate, carnelian, onyx, flint, and chert.
- In these, the spicular aspect grades abruptly inward into dense cryptocrystalline silica, which forms the bulk of the specimen.
More definitions of cryptocrystallineDefinition of cryptocrystalline in:
- The British & World English dictionary