- 1Of, relating to, or denoting cryptogams.More example sentences
- Diacylglyceryltrimethylhomoserine is known to be an important component of cryptogamic plants, including bryophytes, but its physiological role is still uncertain.
- After this fact one need not be surprised at the diffusion of the far lighter and smaller sporules of cryptogamic plants.
- Today the cryptogamic herbarium consists of 7000 lichens and 1500 bryophytes and continues to grow.
- 1.1 Ecology (Of a desert soil or surface crust) covered with or consisting of a fragile black layer of cyanobacteria, mosses, and lichens, which is often important in preventing erosion.More example sentences
- Formation of mature cryptogamic crust (dark ridges) typically requires decades free of disturbance.
More definitions of cryptogamicDefinition of cryptogamic in:
- The British & World English dictionary