- Each of three axes used to define the edges of the unit cell of a crystal.More example sentences
- Ancient stonecutters could thus cleave it perpendicular to the crystal axis to produce hexagonal prisms of any desired length.
- Compensation requires a preselected crystal axis for each lens element.
- Some measurements are taken at different points along the crystal axis and in different conditions.
More definitions of crystal axisDefinition of crystal axis in:
- The British & World English dictionary