- Each of seven categories of crystals (cubic, tetragonal, orthorhombic, trigonal, hexagonal, monoclinic, and triclinic) classified according to the possible relations of the crystal axes.More example sentences
- Each mineral is carefully assigned a ‘Dana’ number followed by the accepted name, chemical formula, crystal system, and space group.
- All of the forms in the isometric crystal system completely enclose space, making them regular geometric solids.
- Fundamental text for each mineral includes such information as varieties and colors, crystal system and mineral group, composition, characteristic identifying features, size, and distribution.
More definitions of crystal systemDefinition of crystal system in:
- The British & World English dictionary