- The transparent elastic structure behind the iris by which light is focused onto the retina of the eye.More example sentences
- The cornea, iris, and crystalline lens work together to focus light onto the retina.
- The cornea and the crystalline lens refract light that enters the eye.
- The most serious injuries involve the cornea and the internal crystalline lens, leading to corneal scars and cataract.
More definitions of crystalline lensDefinition of crystalline lens in:
- The British & World English dictionary