- The fifth longitudinal vein from the anterior edge of an insect’s wing.More example sentences
- Splitting of the microveins of the cubitus anterior gives the margin a ragged appearance.
- The first direct observation of nucleotide variation on the fourth chromosome was an analysis of polymorphism at the cubitus interruptus gene in D. melanogaster and simulans.
- Sequencing of a kilobase region of the gene cubitus interruptus Dominant in 10 lines of D. melanogaster showed no nucleotide substitutions.
early 19th century: from Latin.
More definitions of cubitusDefinition of cubitus in:
- The British & World English dictionary