- It's a shame, because you do not know the culinary delights you are denying yourself.
- A tour of the college takes about an hour and is well worth the diversion from the culinary and shopping delights.
- They are giving leading restaurant reviewers the chance to demonstrate their culinary skills.
- Example sentences
- The region is immense and, culinarily speaking, includes everything from absolutely subtle dishes to those so vibrantly spiced they make your mouth tingle.
- She had the chutzpah to take homely Texas-Southern favorites and bring them out of the closet, culinarily speaking.
- Judging by the tales I have read around and about recently, I surmise that some of my readers are rather culinarily challenged.
Mid 17th century: from Latin culinarius, from culina 'kitchen'.
kiln from Old English:
The words kiln and culinary (mid 17th century) come from the Latin word culina ‘kitchen, cooking stove’.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of culinary in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.