- Women’s knee-length trousers, cut with very full legs to resemble a skirt.More example sentences
- They are just like regular slips but are split with a seam up each leg, so they can be worn under pants, culottes, or skirts.
- For pants, skirts, shorts or culottes choose the size by the waist measurement unless your hips are much larger than that standard measurement.
- He showed his skill with pantsuits, culottes, pencil skirts and even a pony skin skirt teamed with a chiffon top.
mid 19th century: French, 'breeches', diminutive of cul 'rump', from Latin culus.
More definitions of culottesDefinition of culottes in:
- The British & World English dictionary