Definition of cultivator in English:
1A person or thing that cultivates something: they were herders of cattle and cultivators of corn
More example sentences
- The distinction was basically about categories of people, founded originally on their occupations as cattle herders or cultivators.
- Front-mounted or belly-mounted cultivators, or pusher cultivators on bi-directional tractors, are far easier to keep on the row and work close enough to the crop plants.
- In periods of drought, weeds may go into a semi-dormancy, leading farmers to stop cultivating or to set cultivators less aggressively.
1.1A mechanical implement for breaking up the soil and uprooting weeds.
- Sometimes referred to as a hand fork, the cultivator is used for weeding, and as its name implies, for cultivating the soil.
- Special cultivators and weed brushes developed for use in narrow-row spaced crops can be used in seedbeds that are grown in rows.
- He shows off his three-tined cultivators (key to weed control in narrow intensive beds).
Definition of cultivator in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.