- A unit of flow equal to one cubic meter of water per second: minimum flows proposed would vary seasonally between 80 cumecs in winter and 140 cumecs in summerMore example sentences
- I do not believe, and I do not think anyone on the select committee believed, that 15 cumecs of water would cause it to lose its ability to generate electricity for the rest of New Zealand.
- We are talking about a river that has a mean annual flow of about 340 cumecs.
- We should be concerned for the safety of the elderly and invalids in the event that this new river is ever operated at its stated capacity of 215 cumecs.
on the model of cusec.
More definitions of cumecDefinition of cumec in:
- The British & World English dictionary