Definition of cumin in English:
1The aromatic seeds of a plant of the parsley family, used as a spice, especially ground and used in curry powder.
- To make the curry powder, combine the ground coriander, cumin, fenugreek, pepper, ginger, paprika and turmeric and mix well.
- The salted version often contains spices such as roasted cumin seeds or black pepper.
- Stuff with couscous mixed with orange juice, paprika, cayenne, cumin, garlic, parsley, diced prunes and pinenuts.
2The small, slender plant that bears cumin and grows from the Mediterranean to central Asia.
- Cuminum cyminum, family Umbelliferae
- Yarrow, alyssum, fennel, cumin, & coriander all attract beneficial insects as well.
- Harvest herbs grown for seeds - dill, caraway, coriander, and cumin, for example - as the fruits change color from green to brown or gray but before they scatter to the ground.
Definition of cumin in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.