- To make the curry powder, combine the ground coriander, cumin, fenugreek, pepper, ginger, paprika and turmeric and mix well.
- The salted version often contains spices such as roasted cumin seeds or black pepper.
- Stuff with couscous mixed with orange juice, paprika, cayenne, cumin, garlic, parsley, diced prunes and pinenuts.
- Cuminum cyminum, family Umbelliferae
- Yarrow, alyssum, fennel, cumin, & coriander all attract beneficial insects as well.
- Harvest herbs grown for seeds - dill, caraway, coriander, and cumin, for example - as the fruits change color from green to brown or gray but before they scatter to the ground.
Old English cymen, from Latin cuminum, from Greek kuminon, probably of Semitic origin and related to Hebrew kammōn and Arabic kammūn; superseded in Middle English by forms from Old French cumon, comin, also from Latin.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of cumin in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.