Definition of cup fungus in English:
A fungus in which the spore-producing layer forms the lining of a shallow cup.
- Several families in the orders Helotiales and Pezizales, phylum Ascomycota
- This fecund cup fungus was grooving along under some aspen trees in a burned area in Alaska.
- From the structure of a cup fungus, you will realise that many asci can simultaneously shoot their spores.
- You have all probably seen the frog in the cup fungus, but don't be fooled, that doesn't happen in nature.
Definition of cup fungus in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.