- Of copper with a valence of two; of copper(II). Compare with cuprous.More example sentences
- The oxidizing fluxes usually include cupric oxide or manganese dioxide, which decompose at copper alloy melting temperatures to generate the oxygen required.
- Briefly, the washed hair was digested in an alkaline solution, complexed by cysteine, urea, and cupric ion, then acidified with sulfuric acid.
- These reactions depend on the ability of the reducing sugar to convert cupric sulfate to cuprous oxide with a resulting color change.
late 18th century: from late Latin cuprum 'copper' + -ic.
More definitions of cupricDefinition of cupric in:
- The British & World English dictionary