Definition of curassow in English:
A large, crested, pheasantlike bird of the guan family, found in tropical American forests. The male is typically black in color.
- Genus Crax (and Nothocrax), family Cracidae: several species
- Male curassows in breeding season vocalize with a deep, resonant humming.
- Did you know that great curassows - 36-inch-tall blue-black birds with yellow bills - mate for life?
- The curassows comprise 14 species of sedentary Neotropical birds classified in four genera (Crax, Nothocrax, Mitu, and Pauxi) in the family Cracidae.
Late 17th century: anglicized form of Curaçao.
Words that rhyme with curassowCuraçao
Definition of curassow in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan