Definition of curator in English:
1A keeper or custodian of a museum or other collection.
- Unlike many museum exhibitions, the curators provided the information to the viewer in manageable pieces.
- The sale had been eagerly anticipated by collectors and museum curators.
- The noise and lights derive not from history, but from the present manipulations of Imperial War Museum curators.
- Example sentences
- Yet, while their curatorship is second to none, what has happened under the present Queen is a lack of real engagement by the key-player, the monarch herself, with the practice of enhancing the collection in tune with the times.
- Every art work has parameters, and every art form tools, and if you get rid of frames and cameras you just move into another area - performance art, or curatorship - rather than bury film.
- But the fest has endured, and, if this year's lineup is any indication, it is has done so due to the keen curatorship reflected in the films collected.
Words that rhyme with curatorcater, crater, creator, data, debater, delator, dumbwaiter, equator, fascinator, freighter, frustrater, gaiter, grater, gyrator, hater, later, legator, mater, negator, pater, peseta, plater, rotator, skater, slater, stater, tater, traitor, ultimata, understater, upstater, waiter
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.