Definition of curcuma in English:
A tropical Asian plant of a genus that includes turmeric, zedoary, and other species that yield spices, dyes, and medicinal products.
- Genus Curcuma, family Zingiberaceae
- Extracted from the roots of the curcuma longa plant, curcumin is a member of the ginger family.
- We have imported a number of varieties from Asia: alpinias, costus, curcumas and hedychiums.
- Remember that curcumas do not emerge from dormancy until June… they are not dead!
Definition of curcuma in:
- British & World English dictionary