Definition of curcuma in English:
A tropical Asian plant of a genus that includes turmeric, zedoary, and other species that yield spices, dyes, and medicinal products.
- Genus Curcuma, family Zingiberaceae
- Extracted from the roots of the curcuma longa plant, curcumin is a member of the ginger family.
- We have imported a number of varieties from Asia: alpinias, costus, curcumas and hedychiums.
- Remember that curcumas do not emerge from dormancy until June… they are not dead!
Definition of curcuma in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia