- In India, this offering traditionally contained three sweet substances: molasses, honey and sugar and three white substances: curd, butter and milk.
- Products labelled as containing lactose, cream, butter, cheese and cheese flavour, curd, milk, milk solids, milk powder and whey, as well as margarine containing milk solids, should be avoided.
- Try eating nonfat mozzarella or cottage cheese, as each curd is rich in a long-acting protein called casein, giving you a steady trickle of amino acids that lasts into the night.
- Example sentences
- It presents with excessive itching, redness and a thick curdy white discharge.
- Yeast infections are accompanied by a curdy white discharge, and the area may be red and irritated.
- On examination, she had vulvar erythema and a curdy vaginal discharge.
Late Middle English: of unknown origin.
The original English word for curds was crud, which only acquired its sense ‘filth, rubbish’ in the USA in the 1940s. The swapping round of sounds in a word is called metathesis and is particularly common with ‘r’ and a vowel ( compare bird). Since the late 16th century curdle has been used for the action of forming curds.
Words that rhyme with curdabsurd, bird, Byrd, engird, gird, Heard, herd, Kurd, misheard, nerd, overheard, reheard, third, undergird, undeterred, unheard, unstirred, word
Definition of curd in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.