Definition of curd in English:
1 (also curds) A soft, white substance formed when milk sours, used as the basis for cheese.
- In India, this offering traditionally contained three sweet substances: molasses, honey and sugar and three white substances: curd, butter and milk.
- Products labelled as containing lactose, cream, butter, cheese and cheese flavour, curd, milk, milk solids, milk powder and whey, as well as margarine containing milk solids, should be avoided.
- Try eating nonfat mozzarella or cottage cheese, as each curd is rich in a long-acting protein called casein, giving you a steady trickle of amino acids that lasts into the night.
late Middle English: of unknown origin.
- Example sentences
- It presents with excessive itching, redness and a thick curdy white discharge.
- Yeast infections are accompanied by a curdy white discharge, and the area may be red and irritated.
- On examination, she had vulvar erythema and a curdy vaginal discharge.
Definition of curd in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan