1 (also curds) A soft, white substance formed when milk sours, used as the basis for cheese.
More example sentences
- In India, this offering traditionally contained three sweet substances: molasses, honey and sugar and three white substances: curd, butter and milk.
- Products labelled as containing lactose, cream, butter, cheese and cheese flavour, curd, milk, milk solids, milk powder and whey, as well as margarine containing milk solids, should be avoided.
- Try eating nonfat mozzarella or cottage cheese, as each curd is rich in a long-acting protein called casein, giving you a steady trickle of amino acids that lasts into the night.
late Middle English: of unknown origin.
- More example sentences
- It presents with excessive itching, redness and a thick curdy white discharge.
- Yeast infections are accompanied by a curdy white discharge, and the area may be red and irritated.
- On examination, she had vulvar erythema and a curdy vaginal discharge.
More definitions of curdDefinition of curd in:
- The British & World English dictionary