Definition of currant tomato in English:
A kind of tomato with tiny fruits, native to the Andes.
- Lycopersicon pimpinellifolium, family Solanaceae
- The first tomato on the outside plants has turned red; some of the tiny currant tomatoes in the greenhouse are also ripening.
- The currant tomatoes are repotted now and have been moved to a sunny (or it will be when the rain stops) spot on the front windowsill.
- Berry-sized currant tomatoes are a brighter red than most other varieties and are small juicy treats to eat.
Definition of currant tomato in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.