Definition of curry leaf in English:
A shrub or small tree native to India and Sri Lanka, the leaves of which are widely used in Indian cooking.
- Murraya koenigii, family Rutaceae
- These include exotic ylang ylang, jasmine, turmeric, ginger, allspice, cinnamon, curry leaf, water lilies, mahogany trees, avocados, wax apples, and five varieties of mango.
- Yet the spices used are all familiar to us: curry leaf, fenugreek, cumin, cardamom, turmeric, coriander, cinnamon, nutmeg, black peppercorn, garam masala, dried chilies, ginger and garlic.
- Finally, the true curry leaf comes from Murraya koenegii which develops into a shrub approximately 3m tall.
Definition of curry leaf in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.