Definition of curry plant in English:
A small, shrubby plant of the daisy family, which has narrow, silver-gray leaves and small yellow flowers and emits a strong smell of curry.
- Helichrysum angustifolium, family Compositae
- Not all herbs smell good - catmint, curry plant, pyrethrum, rue, santolina and tansy are all pretty pongy, ranging from slightly musty to downright disgusting.
- I have a special liking for Helichrysum splendidum, also known as the curry plant.
- The most commonly grown curry plant is the Helichrysum angustifolium, whose silvery-grey foliage provides the perfect foil for cottage garden plants.
Definition of curry plant in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan