Definition of cursive in English:
Written with the characters joined: cursive script
More example sentences
- Arsham's piece was a small gray model of a parking garage complete with tiny streetlights; seen from overhead, the structure formed the word ‘regret’ written in cursive script.
- A rarity is the bowl in the shape of an abalone shell shown in Plates V and Va, which has a classical Japanese poem written in cursive script on the edge of the bowl while the figural scene illustrates the poem.
- Grandma fills her letters with the mundane day-to-day activities of a woman approaching eighty along with all the gossip of the small rural district she lives in, all written in this fantastic cursive script.
nounBack to top
- The handwriting was perfect cursive, every letter formed with care.
- On it, in writing that varied from an insane, calligraphy-like version of printing to a sharp, illegible cursive, were all the pros and cons of sneaking Amadeo food.
- I really never figured out why we had to learn it, the only people I see who use cursive, I can't read their handwriting anyway.
- Example sentences
- Sure enough, it was a love heart, with my name scribbled cursively at the top, underlined a few times.
- I learned to type before I learned to write cursively and I loathe paper.
- I discovered at an early age that it was easier to write backwards cursively than it was to write forwards.
Words that rhyme with cursivecoercive, excursive, subversive
Definition of cursive in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.