Definition of cursive in English:
Written with the characters joined: cursive script
More example sentences
- Arsham's piece was a small gray model of a parking garage complete with tiny streetlights; seen from overhead, the structure formed the word ‘regret’ written in cursive script.
- A rarity is the bowl in the shape of an abalone shell shown in Plates V and Va, which has a classical Japanese poem written in cursive script on the edge of the bowl while the figural scene illustrates the poem.
- Grandma fills her letters with the mundane day-to-day activities of a woman approaching eighty along with all the gossip of the small rural district she lives in, all written in this fantastic cursive script.
nounBack to top
- The handwriting was perfect cursive, every letter formed with care.
- On it, in writing that varied from an insane, calligraphy-like version of printing to a sharp, illegible cursive, were all the pros and cons of sneaking Amadeo food.
- I really never figured out why we had to learn it, the only people I see who use cursive, I can't read their handwriting anyway.
- Example sentences
- Sure enough, it was a love heart, with my name scribbled cursively at the top, underlined a few times.
- I learned to type before I learned to write cursively and I loathe paper.
- I discovered at an early age that it was easier to write backwards cursively than it was to write forwards.
Definition of cursive in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan